We are all ages, races, ethnic backgrounds, education and income levels, the employed and unemployed, religious believers, as well as those who are unaffiliated with any faith.
Whoever we are, we share the belief that every volunteer’s single act of compassionate helping can make a difference, and that there is personal joy in giving back of whatever time and talents we have to those who need them.
Give an hour, a day… Give us your best! Each of us has a special skill or talent. Volunteers are caring individuals who want to help others, are responsible and mature, and comply with our program guidelines. By dedicating your time to To Serve With Love, whether it’s reading to children, or leading financial literacy classes for hard-working families, feeding the homeless, or delivering meals to home-bound seniors, there are hundreds of volunteer options available every day.
See Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteering has a positive and lasting impact on not only your life, but the lives of those in our communities. Volunteer today to:
- Have fun and meet new people
- Learn more about yourself and your community
- Give back to your community
- Enhance your skill set
- Increase self esteem
- People from all walks of life volunteer in our programs, including:
- College students
- Religious groups
- Government organizations
- Participants and recipients of TSWL programs and services
What Do Volunteers Do?
TSWL volunteers benefit their communities in a variety of ways, including but not limited to:
- Mentoring adults and youth
- Tutoring a variety of individuals, on a wide range of topics
- Collecting goods for shelters and families in need
- Organizing community events
- Contributing to newsletters
- Organizing Fundraising Campaigns
- Training individuals for employment
- Program, Service and Event Management
- Career Panels
- Virtual volunteering
- Facilitate transition house services
- Senior Adult Care
- Youth Summer Camp
- Virtual Volunteering
Some people prefer “virtual volunteering” for the convenience and scheduling flexibility it allows. This is a great way to expand your computer and communication skills. As To Serve With Love grows our needs grow. We are always looking for volunteers to assist us with our eNewsletter and printed newsletter. We also need individuals to assist us with eBlasts and online promotional opportunities.